St Andrew, Church Road
St Andrew, Church Road, Fingringhoe, Colchester, Essex CO5 7BN View on map
Parish church, 12th century nave, 14th century chancel and west tower extensively built in re used Roman brick and flint rubble. Fine 15th century porch . Interior contains interesting remains of a Medieval wall painting, c1600 brass to John Alleyne and a 1655 monument to George Frere.
All year: First Saturday and Sunday of each month, 10.30am - 4.30pm. March - October, as above, also 4th Saturday and Sunday 10.30am - 4.30pm. Bank Holidays 10.30am - 4.30pm.Access at other times by prior arrangement with key holders Sheena Taylor (tel: 01206 729878), or Malcolm Hawksby (tel: 01206 729638).
- Is part of Ride and Stride
4 miles south of Colchester , off B1025 to Mersea Island. Church is in the centre of the village. Rail: Colchester North (5miles), Colchester Town (4 miles). Bus: No 175 (Colchester to Abberton) from Colchester town centre.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: No