St Andrew, Church Walk
St Andrew, Church Walk, Epworth, Doncaster DN9 1ES View on map
Dating largely from 14th-15th century with some late 12th century remains. The chancel was partly destroyed in 1642 and rebuilt in 1670s. Further renovations including restoration in 1868 by James Fowler of Louth. Strong connections with the Wesley family: the father of John Wesley, founder of Methodism, was rector from 1695 to 1736.
1 March - 31 October: Daily 2pm - 4pm
2½ miles south of M180 on A161. Rail: Crowle (4 miles) and Scunthorpe (8 miles). Bus: routes 57, 71, 73, 291 and 292 (from Scunthorpe and Doncaster).
Public parking near the church.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes