St Andrew, Fairlight
St Andrew, Fairlight, East Sussex TN35 4AB View on map
Grade II listed parish church by T Little built in 1845. A prominent land and sea mark as 82 ft. tower allows extensive views of the Weald and coast. Stained glass east window of 1846 depicts scenes from the life of Christ. South wall windows in memory of former residents of Fairlight. An eight bell ‘carillon’ is operated by a keyboard and can be tried by visitors on Tower Open Days during the summer.
The church is open during the day, typically 10am-4pm. Access may be restricted at times of public worship, weddings or funerals.
Off A259 (Hastings to Rye). Church is at the western boundary of Fairlight where Fairlight Road becomes Battery Hill. Rail: Hastings (5 miles), Rye (15 miles). Bus: Stagecoach No 344 (Hastings to Northiam) and No 342 (Rye to Hastings).
Additional parking is available in the field diagonally opposite the church.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes