St Andrew, Sotherton
St Andrew, Sotherton, Halesworth, Suffolk NR34 8ES View on map
Parish church rebuilt in 1854 in Decorated style using material from the previous medieval church. Interior contains late 13th century recumbent stone effigy of Walter de Bernham and a well preserved carved 15th century font. The vestry door incorporates two fine painted panels from the former rood screen depicting St John the Evangelist and St Mary Magdalene.
14-15 Jan; 18-19 Feb; 18-19 Mar; 14-16 April; 20-21 May; 17-18 Jun; 15-16 Jul; 19-20 Aug; 7-10 and 16-17 Sep; 14-15 Oct; 18-19 Nov; 24-25 Dec. At other times key holder detals available on notice board.
Off A145, 2 miles west of Wangford and 3 miles north of Blythburgh. Rail: Brampton (3 miles), Halesworth (4 miles).
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes