St Andrew's Church, Bainton
St Andrew's Church, Bainton, East Yorkshire YO25 9NN View on map
South-west corner of chancel c1280, with probably late C12 origins otherwise c1330-40 rebuilt by rector William de Brocklesby, with later additions, including vestry and south porch of c1843 by Henry Wheatley, and restorations including that of 1866 by Fowler of Louth.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
In the centre of the village, off main road A614 (Howden to Bridlington), where A614 merges briefly with B1248 (Beverley to Malton). 25m East of York; 5m South West of Driffield; 9m North North West of Beverley. Driffield railway station (5m); also Bevereley (9m), Howden (21m), York (25m) Served by Bus from York (no 46 & 47) from Beverley (No 1420 and from Hull (No 121)
Some parking beside church and large layby 5mins walk from church.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes