St Bartholomew, Church Lane
St Bartholomew, Church Lane, Appleby, Lincolnshire DN15 0AH View on map
Late 13th - early 14th century parish church. Major restorations in 1821 by Joseph Fowler and J S Crowther in 1882. Interesting stone carving and gargoyles. Interior contains 16th century carved oak pulpit with exceptional relief panels, Flemish furnishings and stained glass by Capronnier, Kempe and Waites.
Last Sunday of each month 1pm-4pm. Key holder details displayed on church notice board.
4 miles south of the river Humber, off B1207 Ermine Street in centre of Appleby village. Rail: Scunthorpe (6 miles).
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes