St Bartholomew, Westwood Hill
St Bartholomew, Westwood Hill, Sydenham, London SE26 6QR View on map
Brick church with tower built 1827 - 32 by Lewis Vulliamy with 1858 additions by Edwin Nash. Reredos by Henry Wilson and some stained glass by Clayton and Bell. Church features in 'The Avenue, Sydenham' painting by Pissarro (in National Gallery). Tower clock by Benjamin Lewis Vulliamy.
Saturday 9:30am - 12:30pm and Sunday 11:30am - 12:30pm. At other times by prior arrangement (48 hours notice preferred) with Michael Kingston (tel: 0208 778 5290).
- Open on Heritage Open Day
On A212 Westwood Hill at the junction with Lawrie Park Avenue. Rail: Sydenham (¼ mile) Bus: routes 122, 202, 450, 176, and 197.
Available close to the church.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes