St Botolph, Sibson
St Botolph, Sibson, Leicestershire CV13 6LE View on map
Dating from the 13th century. The chancel, the oldest part of the building, dates from about 1300 and contains a piscina and three sedilia, two Victorian stained glass windows, a sepulchral effigy dating from c1300. The sanctuary has a brass memorial to the Rector of Sibson, John Moore, who died in 1532. The chancel has an outline window which may have been a lepers' window or confessional.
Daily 10am - dusk (during summer months). At other times by prior arrangement with churchwarden (01827 880967).
- Open on Heritage Open Day
6 miles north of Nuneaton on A444. In centre of village. Rail: Nuneaton (5 miles).
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes