St Britius, Station Road
St Britius, Station Road, Brize Norton, Oxfordshire OX18 3PW View on map
St Britius Church (grade II* listed) lies at the centre of Brize Norton village, and serves as the parish church. The present church is Norman with 13th Century additions. It was refurbished in 1868 with many Victorian embellishments, and is in a good state of repair following English Heritage support.
Sundays after morning worship service to 6pm or dusk (whichever is earlier), excluding private baptismal services. Access outside these times can be arranged with the church warden Dr Holmes on 01993 843056
- Is part of Ride and Stride
St Britius is in the centre of the village of Brize Norton, next to the roundabout that is a junction on Manor Road, Carterton Road and Station Road. Rail: Oxford - approximately 17 miles away; Charlbury - about 15 miles. Bus: S1 and S2 Stagecoach route. Bus stop on Manor Road - 2 minutes walk - or Monahan Way - 10 minutes.
Limited parking by the war memorial, otherwise Elderbank Hall car park opposite the Chequers public house (OX18 3PU). Also on some side streets but predominantly residential.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes