St Catherine, Church Street
St Catherine, Church Street, Ventnor, Isle of Wight PO38 1SW View on map
Grade II listed church of 1837 constructed of island stone with prominent west tower, originally crowned by a tall spire with chancel added in 1849 and south aisle of 1897. The nave has an unusually elaborate 1830's queen post roof and the are notable 19th century memorial wall tablets.
All year: daily 10am - 1pm. Access at other times by prior arrangement with the vicar Revd Hugh Wright (tel: 01983 853 729)
On the main road through Ventnor, on the south side of the town. Rail: Shanklin (4 miles). Bus: No 3 (Newport to Ryde), No 6 (Ventnor to Newport), Island Coaster (Summer only).
Also Grove car park very close.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes