St Catherine, Hoarwithy
St Catherine, Hoarwithy, Herefordshire HR2 6QQ View on map
In the Romanesque style. A chapel stood on the site in 1843 and this was later built upon by Preb. William Poole (1875-1903) who beautified the building, with JP Seddon employed as architect. Edward Burne-Jones and William Morris stained glass in the window of the 'Angel of Doom'. The replacement of the organ revealed a mosaic of a peacock, previously hidden since the 1920s.
- Grant Recipient: Hentland with Hoarwithy PCC
- Contact for access: Mr Peter Frederick Wyndham Pember
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.