St Chad, North End
St Chad, North End, Welbourn, Lincolnshire LN5 0ND View on map
Built of mellow limestone, mainly between 1360-80, it has a lofty clerestoried nave with north and south aisles and a fine south porch. The plain 12 century tower supports a richly crocketed 14 century spire. The chancel is mid-Victorian. There is a memorial to Field Marshall Sir William Robertson, the first man to rise from Private to Field Marshall.
Daily 10am - 4pm.
Turn off A607 into Welbourn at the north end of the village, then next right into North End. Rail: Newark (10 miles). Bus: Hourly from Lincoln and Grantham.
In North End.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes