St Chad on the Knavesmire, Campleshon Road
St Chad on the Knavesmire, Campleshon Road, York, North Yorkshire YO23 1EY View on map
Open Nave church. Lady chapel at East End. Organ loft over narthex at west. Built in 1920s and consecrated in 1926. Architect W Brierly.
Most days: daylight hours. Closed during race meetings at the nearby York Racecourse for security reasons.
South Bank area of York. Campleshon Road is between Bishopthorpe Road to the east and Tadcaster Road to the west. Rail: York railway station one and a half miles away. Bus: Routes 26, 21 (Railway station and Fulford) and 11 (Bishopthorpe, railway station and Heworth).
2 disabled bays. Additional on-street parking.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes