St Clement, King Square
St Clement, King Square, London EC1V 8DA View on map
Waterloo church built 1822-26 by Thomas Hardwick, the body of the church rebuilt in 1953 by Gordon Jackson and Partners and Norman Haines Design Partnership. Simple neo classical style. A short flight of steps leads to a great ionic portico, surmounted by a needle spire. The inside is a light airy space following the post war restoration.
Tuesdays: 9.00 - 13.00 Sundays: 9.00 - 13.00
Facing King Square Park off Lever Street close to the junction with Old Street and Central Street. Rail: Old Street, Angel and Barbican (approximately 10 minute walk). Bus: routes 4, 56, 55, 243, 43, 205 and 214.
On-street parking in Lever Street
- Wheelchair access: No
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No