St Columba, Topcliffe
St Columba, Topcliffe, North Yorkshire YO7 3PA View on map
Medieval church largely rebuilt by railway architect G T Andrews in 1885. The 1360 sedilia, piscina and aumbry survive in the medieval chancel walls. Notable Flemish palimpsest brass 1391 to Thomas de Topcliffe and his wife. Stained glass windows by Burne-Jones 1857 and Kempe 1893.
Open daily throughout the year. Open during daylight hours in winter, 9am - 6pm at other times. Patronal Festival takes place on the weekend of 10 - 11 June.
A167 or A168 to Topcliffe. St Columba is clearly visible on Church Street. Rail: Thirsk (5 miles), York (24 miles). Bus: Services 70 and 170 (Ripon, Thirsk, Northallerton), 149 (Thirsk via Baldersby).
On-street parking in Church Street. Additional parking in Long Street near village shop.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes