St Cuthbert, Clungunford

St Cuthbert, Clungunford, Craven Arms, Shropshire SY7 0PN View on map

Parish Church c1300, restored 1895 and north-west tower added by E.Turner of Leicester. Timber framed south porch of 1895. Monuments include an elaborate marble tablet to Francis Walker d.1776 and an aedicular tablet containing coat of arms, angel head at base to John Edwards d.1724. The church is the focal point of the village as the open and airy interior is used for many community events and activities.


Opening Arrangements

Daily during daylight hours, usually from 9:30am-7pm in summer, earlier in winter. The vestry is locked.


On the B4368 between Craven Arms and Leintwardine. Rail: Hopton Heath (approximately 2 miles). Bus: Approximately 3 daily

Parking Spaces


On-street parking.

Disabled Access

  • Wheelchair access: Partial
  • Disabled Toilets: Yes
  • Assistance dogs: Yes