St Deny, High Street
St Deny, High Street, Ibstock, Leicestershire LE67 6JQ View on map
Early 14th parish church in decorated style with 19th century restorations. Interior has simple nave arcade and chancel arch, and font which may pre-date the church. Archbishop Laud was priest here between 1617 and 1626. Church is set back from village street down a long avenue in a large graveyard. Series of listed slate headstones in churchyard, including Paget family tombs.
Year-round: Saturdays 10am - 12pm. March - October: Wednesdays 10am - 12pm. 9 - 11 December: 10am-5pm. Occasional Saturday afternoons (advertised).
On the A447 at the junction of High Street and Hinckley Road. Rail: Leicester, London Road: (12 miles). Bus: Roberts, no. 159 from Coalville via A447 to Hinckley; Arriva, no. 15 from Thringstone via Coalville.
Layby at side of Church
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes