St Edith, The Green
St Edith, The Green, Orton on the Hill, Leicestershire CV9 3NG View on map
Mainly 14th century church. Full set of 18th century box pews in the nave incorporating a pulpit with a canopy; second 18th century pulpit at the east end of the nave. Monuments include a stone effigy of a 14th century Cistercian abbot, an engraved alabaster slab dated 1511 and a grave stone with a horseman in relief at the head.
1 April - 31 October: Saturday and Sunday 10am - 4pm. At other times by prior arrangement with the key holder Margaret McKay (tel: 01827 880308).
Between A5 and M42, 2 miles from A444 at Twycross. Rail: Atherstone (5 miles), Tamworth (10 miles).
Additional 6 spaces on-street parking
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes