St Edmund, Hargrave

St Edmund, Hargrave, Suffolk IP29 5HH View on map

Church dating to the 1160 nave. Chancel added 1250. Brick tower constructed in 1460 and the north aisle in 1869. Internal features include a 15th century rood screen, with its carving unusually hidden from the congregation. The font also dated to 15th century.


Opening Arrangements

Daily: Dawn to dusk.


A14 junction 40. Follow signs for Barrow. Proceed through Barrow and after 3 miles turn right at T junction and immediate right into Church Lane. The pedestrian path to the church is half mile on the right. Rail: Bury St Edmunds 8 miles.

Parking Spaces


On grass verge at bottom of lane, 150m from church.

Disabled Access

  • Wheelchair access: Partial
  • Disabled Toilets: No
  • Assistance dogs: Yes