St Elphin, Church Street
St Elphin, Church Street, Warrington, Cheshire WA1 2TL View on map
Dating from 1354 but present church now mainly 1859-67 by Frederick and Horace Francis and probably their best work (Pevsner). Wide nave, wide aisles, crossing tower and tall spire. The Boteler chapel, now the regimental chapel of the Duke of Lancaster Regiment contains a fine alabaster tomb of Sir John Boteler and his wife.
- Grant Recipient: St Elphin PCC
- Contact for access: Mr A Wright
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.