St Francis Xavier, Hereford
St Francis Xavier, Hereford, Herefordshire HR4 9AP View on map
Roman Catholic Church. 1839, by Charles Day. Stucco; leaded roof, with dome to rear. Greek Doric portico of 2 fluted columns supporting entablature with triglyphs on frieze, returned to sides. INTERIOR: decorated plaster ceiling and lightwell; spiral staircase to balcony; fine altar with Ionic marble columns. HISTORY: church contains the hand of the Martyr John Kemble who was hanged at Widemarsh Common in 1679.
- Grant Recipient: Fr Michael Evans
- Contact for access: Father Michael Evans
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.