St Francis Xavier, Salisbury Street
St Francis Xavier, Salisbury Street, Liverpool L3 8DR View on map
Grade II listed Victorian Gothic church built 1845-9 by J J Scoles. The Lady Chapel was added in 1888 by E Kirby. An important church in the alternative tradition to that of A W Pugin, and a good largely unaltered example of Scoles' work.
All year daily 9am - 1pm, closed Wednesdays.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Off A580, turn into Shaw Street. Rail: Liverpool Lime Street (½ mile). Bus: No's 101 and 72.
Parking on residential roads.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes