St George, Church Street
St George, Church Street, Hyde, Cheshire SK14 1JZ View on map
Built in 1831-2 by T. and C. Atkinson for the Church Commissioners, altered in 1885 when the central pulpit was removed and the gallery installed. Has a full peal of eight bells. After dry rot infestation it was fully restored in 1990 when all the pews and gallery were removed to provide a bright and spacious multifunctional area.
Sunday 9am -12am, Mon 7.30am - 8pm, Tue 9am -11am, Fri 10.30am - 11.30am Heritage Open Days, Easter fun day, all events advertised on social media and notice boards.
A57 Market Street in the direction of Stockport, turn right into Church Street. Rail: Hyde Central (½ mile). Bus: Service 330 (Ashton - Stockport), nearest stop is on A57.
On street parking
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes