St George, Church Street
St George, Church Street, Altrincham, Greater Manchester WA14 4DB View on map
Originally built in 1799 as a chapel-of-ease for Bowdon. Spire added to the tower in 1873 and the lower stages are now the oldest parts in the church following re-building in 1897. Nave by Paley and Austin. The 'Arts and Crafts' stained glass (1895) by Mary Lowndes.
All year: daily 9.30am - 5pm. Outside these hours contact 0161 928 0530 & 0161 928 1279 to make prior arrangement.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
Off A56, opposite Cresta Court Hotel. Rail and metro tram terminus: Altrincham (600 metres). Bus: GMPT bus to rail station.
On street parking in front of church.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: No