St George Garrison Church, Grand Depot Road
St George Garrison Church, Grand Depot Road, London SE18 View on map
St George Garrison Church is a grade II listed building, built in the 1860s to designs by TH Wyatt as the Garrison Church for the Royal Artillery. It contains significant decorative features and a VC memorial depicting St George and the Dragon. In 1944 the site was bombed. It exists today as a ruin. The VC memorial survives.
Sundays: January - March, 10am - 1pm; April - September, 10am - 4pm; October - December, 10am - 1pm. Please check the website for special events and other opening times.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Opposite The Royal Artillery Barracks Underground: Woolwich Arsenal (15 minutes walk)
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes