St George Garrison Church, Grand Depot Road
St George Garrison Church, Grand Depot Road, London SE18 6XJ View on map
St George Garrison Church is a grade II listed building, built in the 1860s to designs by TH Wyatt as the Garrison Church for the Royal Artillery. It contains significant decorative features and a VC memorial depicting St George and the Dragon. In 1944 the site was bombed. It exists today as a ruin. The VC memorial survives.
October – March: Sunday 10am -1pm. April – September: Sunday 10am – 4pm Subject to change due to conservation works. Please see website for details and opening times.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Opposite The Royal Artillery Barracks Underground: Woolwich Arsenal (15 minutes walk)
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes