St George, Stamford Street
St George, Stamford Street, Mossley, Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester OL5 0HT View on map
Built 1879 by A H Davies-Colley. Notable features include stained glass windows, some by F Commere and J Capronnier of Brussels, reredos and funerary monuments. Lychgate dedicated to those lost in WW1 and WWII and memorial boards naming all the fallen of Mossley.
Sunday, heritage open days, other days if notified.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Stamford Street is on A670 from Ashton-under-Lyne. Rail: Mossley (½ mile). Bus: Nos 350, 343 and 353.
Mossley market ground - free parking on Sundays.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes