St Giles, Acton Beauchamp
St Giles, Acton Beauchamp, Herefordshire WR6 5AQ View on map
Small rural church in isolated position with countryside views. 12th - 15th century, mostly rebuilt in Georgian style in 1819. Good arched windows, late Norman south doorway. Fine carved 9th century stone, part of a cross shaft, re used as lintel for south door of tower. Yew tree outside of main door is thought to be 1700 - 2000 years old.
St Chad's Terrace, south west of Shrewsbury Town Centre and immediately north east of The Quarry public park. Rail: Shrewsbury station (0.5 miles). Bus: no route.
Donations requested except for public services (£1.20 per hour).
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes