St Giles, Thurvaston Road
St Giles, Thurvaston Road, Marston Montgomery, Ashbourne, Derbyshire DE6 2FF View on map
Grade II* listed parish church with 12th century origins evident in the Norman chancel arch. Altered in 13th and 18th centuries and restored and extended 1875 - 6 by H St Aubyn. Norman font and piscina used in pre Reformation Catholic mass. Early 20th century stained glass by A. Moore.
All year: daily during daylight hours. Church is flood lit during evenings when access is by prior arrangement.
B5030 Uttoxeter to Rocester, then 2 miles east on Long Lane. From Ashbourne, south on A515 to Norbury on B5033. Rail: Uttoxeter on the Derby - Crewe line (6 miles).
Additional parking on Riggs Lane, a distance of 100 metres. Also, alongside church wall and in village hall car park 150 metres away. Parking for disabled is by the Lych gate.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes