St Hilda, Cross Green Lane
St Hilda, Cross Green Lane, Leeds LS9 0DG View on map
Landmark church at a major gate way into the city built 1882 by Yorkshire architect J T Micklethwaite for Anglo-Catholic worship. . Plain exterior but internally very decorative. All woodwork elaborately carved and painted in late Victorian, restrained Gothic style, as originally envisaged by Micklethwaite, although executed in the twentieth century.
All year: Wednesdays 11am - 12noon. Additional times under review at time of publication.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
M1 junction 45, SE of Leeds city centre, church is beside East Leeds link road. Rail: Leeds (1 mile). Bus: please visit http://www.wymetro.com for information.
On the street outside the church.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes