St James Church, Lulworth Road
St James Church, Lulworth Road, Birkdale, Southport, Merseyside PR8 2BQ View on map
St James is an Anglican church in the diocese of Liverpool and was built in 1857 as part of the planned development of Birkdale. It was designed by architect Alfred Rimmer and built by Richard Wright, its three-manual pipe organ was built by William Hills and Sons in 1894
2nd week in February - 2nd week in November: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9.30am -12.30pm. Please telephone the parish office to check there are no services taking place. At other times by prior arrangement.
St James is in the coastal town of Southport on the main A565 road approximately 20 miles north of Liverpool. Birkdale 0.4 miles, Southport 1.2 miles. Buses 47, 49, X2 (Mersey Travel) all stop on the road outside the church.
Parking on adjacent side roads
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes