St James, Church Street
St James, Church Street, Twycross, Leicestershire CV9 3PT View on map
Norman style parish church dating from early 14th century. Extended in the 15th century to include a five bay nave and chancel with a timber gallery carried by Tuscan columns. Fine east window presented to the church by Sir Walter Waller in 1840, the centre panel showing The Presentation in the Temple dated c1145 and originally in the Lady Chapel of St Denis near Paris. Other panels also contain medieval French glass of 1243-8 from the Sainte-Chapelle in Paris.
1 April - 1 September: Fridays 10am - 4pm. At other times by prior arrangement with key holders (minimum of 24 hours notice required) - Mrs Lington (tel: 01827 880035) or Mrs Kirkpatrick (tel: 01827 880194).
In Twycross village on main A444. Church is situated at the edge of the village (entrance if northbound, exit if southbound). Rail: Nuneaton (12 miles). Atherstone (10 miles), Tamworth (15 miles). Bus: Infrequent service, limited service to Twycross village.
Around village green or pub (5 minute walk)
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No