St James, Codnor Denby Lane
St James, Codnor Denby Lane, Codnor, Derby DE5 9SN View on map
Grade II listed church consecrated by the Bishop of Lichfield in 1844. Built by Robert Barker using public subscriptions and grants for £2,000. The chancel of 1888-90 is by J Holden. Some of the original stone was quarried in Codnor Denby Lane. Gothic style consisting a nave, chancel, west tower with embattled parapet and pinnacles. Memorial tablet to the first Vicar Rev Henry Middleton.
Second Saturday of each month 10am - 12noon, Wednesdays 10.30am - 4pm. At other times by prior arrangement (24 hours notice) with Mr and Mrs Moon (tel: 01773 570235), Mr and Mrs Smith (tel: 01773 743473).
Between Ripley and Heanor at the junction of Heanor Road (A6007) and Codnor Denby Lane. Rail: Alfreton (7½ miles), Derby (14 miles). Bus: Rainbow H1 and 1A (Ripley - Aldecar).
Additional parking on Vicarage green
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes