St James, Great Ellingham
St James, Great Ellingham, Norfolk NR17 1LE View on map
Parish church dating to 14th century and 1900-1920. The plan comprises a west tower, nave with north and south aisles, north porch and chancel. Of particular merit are the surviving wallpaintings and other architectural features with mediaeval polychrome decoration. One of these; the niche in the south aisle, is exceptionally rare.
Daily: 9am to dusk.
3 miles north of Attleborough on B1077 towards Watton. Rail: Attleborough. Bus: No. 6 Watton to Attleborough service.
By prior arrangement at The Crown public house.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes