St James, Greete
St James, Greete, Nr Ludlow, Shropshire SY8 3BZ View on map
Stone built church with a clay tiled roof. 12th century nave with west end bellcote, 13th century chancel. Gated, timber framed porch an bell cote added when church was restored in 1856. 14th century font and memorial tablet to Catherine, wife of John Hall d.1775.
At all times.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
A49, A456 at Salway Arms, Woofferton. 4.5 miles. Turn left to Greete at Burford. 1.5 miles, bear left over bridge, quarter of a mile to crossroad; church is on the right. Rail: Ludlow (8 miles)
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes