St James, Lower Penkridge Road
St James, Lower Penkridge Road, Acton Trussell, Staffordshire ST17 0SL View on map
Grade II* listed 13th century parish church, restored 1869-70 by G E Street. Site of Roman villa adjacent to the church. Medieval stone font is placed immediately outside the church entrance. Wall plaques to Richard Nevil d.1728 and Ann Richards d.1821.
1st April - 30th October, Sundays 10:15am--4pm. The church door may be locked but key can be accessed by ringing key holder, Mr G Davis, on 01785 712353.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
M6 junction 13, then A449 towards Stafford, turn right at 1st traffic island and follow Mill Lane into village. Turn right into Lower Penkridge Road and proceed to church. Rail: Penkridge and Stafford (both 3 miles). Bus: No 7 (Stratford to Acton Trussell).
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes