St James the Great, Church Walk
St James the Great, Church Walk, Little Dalby, Leicestershire LE14 2UQ View on map
Large Grade II* listed church remodelled by R Brandon in 1851. Comprises aisled nave and clerestory, south porch, chancel, north and south transepts. West tower with octagonal broach spire. Fine stained glass, some designed by Pugin and Kempe.
1 April - 20 October: 9am - 4pm. Winter months when weather allows. At other times by prior arrangement with the key holder, Mary Atton, 2 days notice required.
Approximately 5 miles south of Melton Mowbray off A606 to Oakham. The church can be reached via a lane and track from Little Dalby village. Rail: Melton Mowbray (approximately 5 miles).
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes