St James the Great, Westerleigh
St James the Great, Westerleigh, Bristol BS37 8QP View on map
The church was consecrated by the Bishop of Worcester in 1304. Elements of the original building include the north door and adjacent window. A three-stage tower was added in the 15th century; 17th-century improvements included panelling and a musicians' gallery; there is a royal coat of arms.
10am - 4pm every day from 1st May - 30th September and most days in winter 10am - 4pm. Additional access by prior arrangement with Churchwardens (P. Mill 01454 318157 email@example.com and J. Forrester-Wood 01454 312437).
Beside village green, Westerleigh, BS37 8QP Rail: Yate, South Gloucestershire (3 miles) Bus: Service 620 Bath to Old Sodbury Service X49 Bristol to Yate
On-street parking on the village green.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes