St James, Upper Street
St James, Upper Street, Stansted, Suffolk CO10 9AU View on map
St James is grade II listed, constructed of flint and dressed stone between early 14th century and late 15th century. The tower clock installed in 1919 is a WWI memorial. The interior has Victorian minton encaustic chancel tiles, medieval glass in north windows, 14th century portland stone font, and a 16th century bell.
Open daily: 10am - 4pm.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
In the middle of Stansted, just off the B1066, turning is sign posted 'Hartest', approx. (4 miles) from Long Melford. Rail: Approx. (7 miles). Bus: No service available.
Parking available on the green adjacent to the church in dry weather by courtesy of Stansted Parish Council.
- Wheelchair access: No
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes