St James with St Thomas, Hardman Street
St James with St Thomas, Hardman Street, Poolstock, Wigan, Greater Manchester WN3 5BT View on map
Grade II* listed neo Gothic church by Victorian architect Edward Paley. Founded in 1863 by Nathaniel Eckersley, heir to the Eckersley cotton mills and a notable historical figure and philanthropist. The church and nearby park are memorials to the Eckersley family. Stained glass in Chancel and Chapel by Hardman of Birmingham.
The church is due to close in January 2018 for major refurbishment, we are not sure how long but information regarding this will be published on our website.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Off B5238 between Poolstock Lane and Tipping Street close to the Manchester branch of the Leeds - Liverpool canal. Rail: Wigan North and South (1 mile). Nearest Stations Wigan Wallgate, Wigan North West. No direct bus route
On street parking
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No