St John, Emesgate Lane
St John, Emesgate Lane, Silverdale, Carnforth, Lancashire LA5 0RH View on map
Grade II listed and designed by Ball & Elce of Manchester, consecrated in 1886. Built of local limestone with west tower, narrow aisles and transepts. Four bay nave with quatrefoil piers, open timber roof and tall narrow tower arch. Notable carving on piers by J J Milsom illustrating the Book of Revelation. Shrigley & Hunt windows in clerestory and at west end.
All year, daily 9am - 5.30pm.
6 miles from junction 35 M6, on the coast, 5 miles from Carnforth. Emesgate Lane is the main road through Silverdale village. Rail: Silverdale (1¼ miles). Bus: ' Hail and Ride' shuttlebus connects with most trains at the station.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes