St John the Apostle, Main Road
St John the Apostle, Main Road, Marchwood, Southampton, Hampshire SO40 4SX View on map
1847 by J Derick, repaired after 1945. Disproportionately tall church in style between that of commissioners and Ecclesiological Early English. Queen Victoria and Prince Albert appeared in the friezes. The roof is of hammerbeam construction. Fine examples of restored Victorian stained glass in the north, west and south windows. The organ is by Bishop and Starr from 1876.
Every day: 9am - 4pm. Access to toilets and disabled facilities by prior arrangement.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
Centre of the village to the east of A326 (Southampton - Fawley road). Rail: Totton (2½ miles). Bus: routes 8 and 9(from Southampton).
Parking in the village centre 50m away.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes