St John the Baptist, Boat Lane
St John the Baptist, Boat Lane, Whitbourne, Herefordshire WR6 5RS View on map
Grade II listed church of Medieval origins. Norman entrance and font. Interior has Perpendicular window over altar, Pre-Raphaelite reredos and 17th - 19th century monuments. 16th century bell tower with a ring of 6 bells. The church was restored by Perkins of Worcester in 1866 when the north aisle was added.
Open daily during daylight hours.
A44 Worcester to Leominster road, follow signs for Whitbourne. After ¾ mile church is on the right. Rail: Worcester Shrub Hill (11 miles). Bus: No 420 (Worcester to Hereford) stops at the school (600 yards).
Additional parking available for large events. Limited parking in Boat Lane.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes