St John the Baptist, Church Lane
St John the Baptist, Church Lane, Old Dalby, Leicestershire LE14 3LB View on map
Originally a medieval church belonging to the Knights Hospitallers. Entirely rebuilt in 1835 to a design by Thomas Winter of Nottingham. Interior was reordered in 1894. Three 16th and early 17th century monuments with effigies in the Lady Chapel to members of the Noel family.
First three Sundays of every month 9.30am - 4pm. Additional opening times for special events throughout the year: 29, 30, 31 August; 12 September- Ride & Stride. At other times by prior arrangement with key holder, contact details displayed on notice board on church gate.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
Between A46 and A606 2 miles south-west of Nether Broughton. Rail: Melton Mowbray (8 miles). Bus: route 23 (Melton Mowbray to Nether Broughton).
Roadside parking only
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes