St John the Baptist, Croydon Minster
St John the Baptist, Croydon Minster, Church Street, Croydon, Surrey CR0 1RN View on map
Large Minster Church with pews, seating c1000, severely damaged by fire in 1867, re-built and re-constructed by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1870. Fine stained glass by Clayton and Bell. Hill organ monuments to Archbishops Whitgift (died 1604) and Sheldon (died 1677). Also 16th century tomb chest of Hugh Warham.
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.