St John the Baptist, Higher Durston
St John the Baptist, Higher Durston, Taunton, Somerset TA3 5AG View on map
Small parish church rebuilt in 1853 by C H Knowles, having been enlarged in 1815. Durston chapel was originally given as part of the endowment of Buckland Priory in 1170. Earliest part of the existing church is the late Perpendicular tower built of blue lias with the main body is of rubble stone with Ham stone dressings.
All year: First, second and fourth Sunday of the month, 11am - 6pm. At other times by prior arrangement with Mrs V Slacke (tel: 01823 412503)
On A361 road from Taunton to Glastonbury. Rail: Taunton (6 miles). Bus: No 29 (Taunton-Wells).
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes