St John the Baptist, Hughley
St John the Baptist, Hughley, Shropshire SY5 6NT View on map
Dating from the 12th Century, the church has a bell turret which was erected in 1700. The interior has a Jacobean screen. It is known through Housman's poem 'Hughley Steeple'.
Hughley is 4 miles south west of Much Wenlock. From Much Wenlock take the B4371 towards Church Stretton, then take the right signposted Hughley. The church is towards the end of the village on the right. Rail: Shrewsbury (12 miles)
Limited parking within village.
- Wheelchair access: No
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No