St John the Baptist, Market Place
St John the Baptist, Market Place, St John's Chapel, Upper Weardale, County Durham DL13 1QQ View on map
Unusual Georgian church built 1752 on site of medieval chapel. Chancel extended, gallery removed and pews replaced 1881-3 (Architect Ewan Christian). Organ probably by Nicholson of Newcastle about 1850. Window by Ballantine of Edinburgh about 1858.
- Grant Recipient: St John's PCC
- Contact for access: Mrs D M Sutcliff
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.