St John the Baptist, Market Place
St John the Baptist, Market Place, Belton, Leicestershire LE12 9UH View on map
Parish church dating from 13th-15th centuries, heavily restored in the 19th century and having a tower and spire. Contains fine tomb monument to Roesia de Verdun dated 1248, the foundress of Grace Dieu Priory which had major restoration in 1912.
All year: daily dawn to dusk
- Is part of Ride and Stride
In the centre of Belton village on B5324, 3 miles NW of Shepshed. Rail: Loughborough (5 miles).
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes