St John the Baptist, Northumberland Street
St John the Baptist, Northumberland Street, Alnmouth, Alnwick, Northumberland NE66 2RA View on map
Grade II listed church occupying a prominent position in the village. Consecrated in 1876 by the then Bishop of Durham with south chapel added in 1880 to accommodate boys from Seabank school. Simple 13th century style. Carved pulpit as a memorial to Harold Kenyon Temperley, killed in Flanders 1917. Many wall plaques to other members of the congregation who lost their lives in WW1 and earlier conflicts.
- Grant Recipient: St John the Baptist PCC
- Contact for access: Mrs Isabel Chalmers
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.